- General information about Cookies
- What are they? Cookies are small files that websites send to the browser which are stored on the Platform user’s terminal, which might be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, or any other device. Cookies basically store information about our Platform’s use and visits. Cookies also allow us to recognize you and your preferences each time you visit our Platform.
- What is their function? They play an essential part in providing numerous IT services. Among other functions, they allow a website to store and recover information regarding the Platform user’s browsing habits or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognise the Platform user and improve the service offered through a website and/or app.
- Cookies used by SHELI
SHELI can use different types of cookies, which may be freely checked and managed by the user when accessing the Web. Cookies are described hereinafter:
- Own cookies are those sent to the Platform user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by SHELI and from which the service requested by the Platform’s user is provided.
- Third party cookies are those sent to the Platform’s user’s terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by SHELI and from which the service requested by the Platform user is provided but for another entity that processes the data gathered by the cookie.
- Session cookies are a type of cookie designed to collect and store information while the Platform’s user is accessing our Platform. These cookies are not stored on the User’s computer when the session expires or the browser is closed.
- Functional cookies.These are a type of cookie in which the data continues to be stored on the Platform user’s terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the controller of the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years. Functional cookies enable the website/Platform to function properly and are therefore necessary and not optional. However, the User can delete them at any time. Also, limiting their functions will depend on the browser used by the Platform user.
- Technical cookies are those that enable the Platform user to browse the Web page, platform and use the different options or service on it, e.g. to log into secure areas of our Platform, to control traffic and data communication, to identify the session, to access restricted web site areas, to record elements that make up an order, to make a subscription or an application to participate in an event, to use security elements during browsing, to store content to broadcast videos or sound or to share content over the social networks.
- Personalisation cookies are those that enable the Platform user to access the service pursuant to certain general, pre-defined characteristics according to a range of criteria on the Platform user’s terminal, such as e.g. language, browser type used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc. This enables us to remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analysis cookies are those that enable us monitor and analyse the behaviour of the Platform. The information gathered through such cookies is used for measuring the activity of the Platform and for profiling navigation of Platform users, in order to improve the Platform based on those analyses for example, by ensuring that the Platform users find what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to our Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Platform and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Managing your Cookies
When browsing this Platform for the first time, a cookies banner will be displayed, which will allow the Platform user to choose which cookies are saved to their browser, giving the option:
- To accept all of them and keep browsing: the cookies banner will not be displayed again, and it will be assumed that the Platform user accepts the present Cookies Policy.
- To disable selected categories of cookies (except for those that are essential for the Platform to function).
- To disable all cookies (except for those that are essential for the Platform to function). In this case, the Platform will only store the cookies which are required for the Platform user to use the Platform
In the case that the Platform user does not consent to the processing of such information, they can modify the configuration of their browser, by following the information and advice included in the links provided below, regarding cookies settings:
For websites, follow this link:
For mobile phones, follow this link:
- Other relevant information